Remedies For Dry MouthIn Parts 1 and 2 of our blog series about Dry Mouth, Dr. Landry discussed what dry mouth is, as well as some of the common causes. At Landry Family Dentistry, we want everyone in the Seville, OH area to be educated about their dental health. Below are several pointers and treatments to find some relief from dry mouth:
- Proper at home oral care (brushing, flossing, and mouthwash twice per day)
- Chew sugarless chewing gum, look specifically for xylitol
- Utilize a humidifier while sleeping
- Keep your lips hydrated
- Use an artificial saliva substitute
- Visit Dr. Landry regularly
Dry mouth, or xerostomia, often has an underlying cause that cannot be treated. It is common that medication you are taking can cause dry mouth, and not a health issue itself.
In part 4 of our blog series regarding dry mouth, we will discuss other ways to find relief. If you would like to schedule a visit to Landry Family Dentistry, we would be happy to see you.